Keto Pizza Muffins
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup low-carb marinara sauce
- Optional toppings: sliced olives, diced bell peppers, grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between, until both cheeses are melted and well combined.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour and ground flax meal. Gradually add this dry mixture to the melted cheese mixture, stirring until a dough forms. You might need to use your hands to knead the dough a bit.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and press each portion into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the muffin cups to form a crust.
- Spoon a small amount of low-carb marinara sauce onto each crust.
- Add a pinch of crumbled Italian sausage on top of the sauce.
- If desired, sprinkle some optional toppings like olives, bell peppers, or grated Parmesan cheese on each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing them from the muffin tin.
- Serve warm and enjoy your Keto Pizza Muffins as a delicious low-carb snack or meal!
Remember that cooking times may vary based on your oven, so keep an eye on the muffins as they bake. Enjoy your keto-friendly pizza muffins!