Chicken Cheese Balls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
▢500 gram ground chicken
▢1 egg yolk
▢1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
▢1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
▢1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
▢1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
▢½ teaspoon black pepper
▢Salt to taste
▢1 tablespoon grated garlic
▢1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
▢Oil for deep-frying
Ingredients For Stuffing:
▢mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
Ingredients For Coating:
▢1 Cup corn flour (corn starch)
▢1 egg white
▢1 Cup bread crumbse.
- Combine chicken, egg yolk, spring onion, coriander, chilli flakes, herb mix, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix nicely.
- Next, add the flour and once again mix the batter.
- Place one piece of the cheese in the centre of the disc and cover it with the chicken batter. Shape the disc into a round ball. Set aside. Similarly, shape all the chicken balls.
- Keep the shaped cheese balls in the fridge while you heat oil.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan over medium-high flame.
- Arrange coating ingredients – corn flour, egg white and breadcrumbs near the gas stove.
- Coat cheese ball first with corn flour, dip in egg white and then coat in breadcrumbs. Now deep-fry it in the pre-heated oil. Similarly, follow the coating steps for all the meatballs and deep fry.
- Deep-fry the chicken balls till they are golden and crisp from the outside. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve chicken cheese balls immediately with your favourite dip or sauce.
- I have used a readymade package of ground chicken for this recipe. You can pulse two chicken breast in the food processor to make ground chicken for cheese balls.
- Before deep-frying makes sure the oil is heated to the right temperature. Else, chicken balls might not turn crisp.
- If you are not deep-frying the chicken balls immediately keep them in the fridge until required.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg