Keto Pecan Pralines
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol or other keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the heavy cream, butter, and granulated erythritol. Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and the sweetener is dissolved.
- Continue to cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until it reaches a temperature of about 240°F (115°C) on a candy thermometer. This should take around 5-7 minutes. The mixture will thicken and become darker in color.
- Once the mixture reaches the desired temperature, remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately stir in the chopped pecans, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Stir until the mixture is well combined and the pecans are evenly distributed.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, just enough so that it thickens slightly and becomes less runny.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. You can make the pralines as large or as small as you like, depending on your preference.
- Let the pralines cool completely and harden. This should take about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once the pralines are completely cooled and hardened, carefully peel them off the parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Store the Keto Pecan Pralines in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Calories: ~150
- Fat: ~16g
- Carbohydrates: ~1g (Net Carbs: ~1g, as erythritol doesn’t impact blood sugar)
- Fiber: ~1g
- Protein: ~1g
Total Batch (12 Pralines):
- Calories: ~1800
- Fat: ~192g
- Carbohydrates: ~12g (Net Carbs: ~12g)
- Fiber: ~12g
- Protein: ~12g