Keto Cherry Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol (or any other keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the Filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the Cherry Topping:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries (pitted and halved)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, powdered erythritol, and melted butter for the crust. Press this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan to create an even crust layer. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered erythritol and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the heavy cream until the filling is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream cheese filling over the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake rest in the oven with the door slightly ajar for about 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to fully set.
- For the cherry topping, combine cherries, water, powdered erythritol, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the cherries soften and release their juices, and the mixture thickens slightly. Allow the topping to cool before spreading it over the chilled cheesecake.
- Once the cherry topping has cooled, spread it over the cheesecake.
Nutrition Information (Approximate, per serving – makes 12 servings):
- Calories: ~300 kcal
- Fat: ~28g
- Carbohydrates: ~6g (Net carbs: ~4g)
- Fiber: ~2g
- Protein: ~6g