Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 medium zucchinis
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar-free marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of pizza toppings (e.g., sliced pepperoni, diced bell peppers, olives, etc.)
- Italian seasoning or dried oregano (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash the zucchinis and slice them into rounds, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush both sides of the slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the zucchini slices in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. This helps to remove excess moisture from the zucchini so your pizza bites won’t become too watery.
- Remove the zucchini slices from the oven and blot them gently with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Spread a small amount of sugar-free marinara sauce or tomato sauce on each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add your desired pizza toppings. This could include pepperoni, diced bell peppers, olives, cooked sausage, etc.
- If desired, sprinkle a pinch of Italian seasoning or dried oregano over the toppings for extra flavor.
- Place the topped zucchini slices back in the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the cheese is melted and slightly golden, remove the zucchini pizza bites from the oven.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
These Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites are a great appetizer or snack option for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. They’re customizable, so feel free to get creative with the toppings and flavors you prefer. Enjoy!