- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar (for dusting, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a fork or your fingers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Dust the cooled cookies with powdered sugar before serving.
Estimated Nutrition Information (per cookie, based on 24 cookies):
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.
- Calories: ~150 kcal
- Total Fat: ~8g
- Saturated Fat: ~5g
- Cholesterol: ~35mg
- Sodium: ~75mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~18g
- Dietary Fiber: ~0.3g
- Sugars: ~8g
- Protein: ~2g
Remember that these are rough estimates and the actual nutritional values can vary. If you have specific dietary requirements or concerns, it’s advisable to consult a registered dietitian or use a dedicated nutritional calculator to get accurate information.