stuffed pepper soup recipe:
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 bell peppers, chopped (you can use a mix of colors)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped fresh parsley
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef or turkey over medium heat. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Add chopped onion and bell peppers to the pot. Sauté until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in minced garlic, dried basil, and dried oregano. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes (with their juice), tomato sauce, and beef or vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add cooked rice to the soup and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, optionally topped with shredded cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
Estimated Nutrition Information (per serving, assuming 6 servings):
Please note that these are approximate values and can vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes.
- Calories: ~250-300 kcal
- Protein: ~15-20 g
- Carbohydrates: ~20-30 g
- Dietary Fiber: ~3-5 g
- Sugars: ~6-8 g
- Fat: ~10-15 g
- Saturated Fat: ~3-5 g
- Cholesterol: ~40-60 mg
- Sodium: ~700-1000 mg
For accurate nutrition information, it’s best to input the specific ingredients and quantities you use into a reliable nutrition calculator or consult a registered dietitian.