apple pie recipe
- 2 prepared pie crusts (top and bottom)
- 6-8 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (for dotting on top)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well to coat the apples.
- Place one of the prepared pie crusts into a pie dish.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the pie crust, distributing it evenly.
- Dot the apples with small pieces of butter.
- Place the second pie crust on top and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
- You can cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape and decorate it if desired.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips, and then bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Once baked, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool before serving.
Nutritional Information (Approximate, per serving): Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on factors like apple size, pie crust type, and precise measurements.
- Calories: ~300-400 kcal
- Carbohydrates: ~50-60 g
- Sugars: ~30-40 g
- Fat: ~10-15 g
- Saturated Fat: ~4-6 g
- Protein: ~2-3 g
- Fiber: ~3-4 g
For the most accurate nutritional information, it’s recommended to use a nutritional calculator or app that allows you to input specific brands and quantities of ingredients.