Looking for the ultimate healthy keto brownie recipe which tastes incredible and is super simple to whip up? You’ve come to the right place. A thick, chewy, gooey fudgy brownie with those gorgeous crinkly tops…can anything be better?
Brownies are the dessert you’d have late at night when the chocolate craving strikes or when you need to bring something to a last minute potluck or dinner. It’s also a dessert you shouldn’t feel guilty about enjoying regularly…as I do myself.
As such, I’ve developed a quick and easy low carb keto brownie recipe, which also happens to be paleo, vegan and gluten-free! Because they are naturally low carb and ketogenic friendly, they are also 100% sugar-free and dairy-free!
Honestly, these keto brownies have been hiding in a secret keto recipes place until now. They are so fudgy and moist that I couldn’t keep them under wraps any longer! If you love making brownies, and your partner/kids love a good healthy brownie every now and then, this recipe will BLOW THEIR MINDS!
EGGS OR FLAX EGGS?
Unless you are a strict vegan, I would recommend using eggs over the flax egg option. Using a flax egg (ground flaxseed) will actually yield a super crinkly top, but the overall flavor is more gritty and somewhat oily.
HOW TO MAKE A FLAX EGG
This recipe calls for 4 eggs so you’d use the flax equivalent of that. For ONE flax egg, here are the details-
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- In a small bowl, combine your ground flax with your cold water and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, to form a gel-like substance. This is your egg!
As mentioned, this recipe calls for 4 eggs, so you’d do 1/4 cup ground flax and 12 tablespoons of cold water. Ensure you refrigerate it longer to compensate for it!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SPREAD
The beauty of homemade chocolate spread is that YOU are in control of how much sweetness you add in AND which nuts you want to use. I’ve tried hazelnuts, peanuts, and almonds, and have found them all to work well especially hazelnuts- It’s like a healthy homemade Nutella recipe!
To make a homemade chocolate nut butter, you’ll just need a good quality food processor or a high speed-blender (with ice crushing capabilities) and you’ll be set!
- 2 cups nuts of choice (hazelnuts, peanuts, and almonds all work best)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Sweetener, to taste
- Add the nuts of choice to the blender/food processor and pulse until crumbly. Ensure you regularly scrape down the sides!
- Once smooth, add your cocoa powder and sweetener and continue blending/pulsing until your desired texture is achieved
Easy Keto Brownies Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups homemade chocolate spread * See notes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 eggs or flax eggs equivalent ** See notes
Preheat the oven to 180 Celcius. Line an 8 x 8-inch (thicker brownies) or 8 x 10-inch (thinner brownies) pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix very well. You want to ensure it is evenly combined.
Pour the brownie batter into the lined pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking halfway to ensure it isn’t cooking too quickly. Cooking time will vary depending on how fudgy you want it, whether you use flax eggs VS normal eggs and what nut butter you use.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan completely. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
* Depending on which nut spread you make, cooking time will vary. Be wary that the brownies firm up once removed from the oven.
** The flax egg option takes longer to cook, closer to 35-40 minutes. Saying that, as it contains no eggs, you can enjoy it ultra gooey.
Fudgy Keto Low Carb Brownies (Paleo, Vegan, Sugar Free) can be kept at room temperature, in a sealed container. They are also freezer friendly