Keto Cheese Bread
These cheesy breadsticks are super easy to make. They only require 3 ingredients and are also gluten-free and low carb.
So I feel slightly less guilty that I ate almost the entire thing by myself. Totally not exaggerating. I saved 3 pieces for Mr. K and the rest went straight into my stomach.
Anyone following a low carb or keto diet always seems to be on the lookout for decent bread alternatives! Now, I have to confess that although this cheese bread recipe doesn’t replace a standard sandwich loaf, it is seriously good AND easy to make! It’s basically just shredded cheese and a beaten egg – so give it a try!
You could serve the “bread” as a snack or a side dish. It would also go well with soup or you could even use it for dipping into salsa!
for 4 servings
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese(85 g)
- 2 oz cream cheese(55 g)
- ⅓ cup almond flour(35 g), or coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese(50 g)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese together in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds, or until fully melted.
- Combine almond (or coconut) flour, baking powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and egg. Mix well, then stir in the melted mozzarella until fully incorporated. Stir in cheddar, then shape into a ball, cover, and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Dust a cutting board with a handful of almond (or coconut) flour. Cut dough into 4 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Cut each ball in half and place cut side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Assemble with desired sandwich toppings.
- Calories 265
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 13g