Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
This keto cupcake recipe makes the most decadent and moist low-carb chocolate cupcakes. These almond flour cupcakes are perfect for birthday parties or any other occasion. This recipe is low-carb, keto, banting, Atkins, gluten-free, diabetic diet-friendly.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Add the soft butter and granulated erythritol into a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer for approx. 1-2 minutes until the butter is pale and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the ingredients for the buttercream icing to the bowl and mix until no chunks of flour are left.
- Add cupcake liners into a muffin pan.
Distribute the cupcake batter evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for approx. 20-25min at 350°F/180°C.
☝︎ Every oven is different and it is a good idea to watch your cupcakes as – in my experience – almond flour tends to burn faster than regular wheat flour.
You can test if your cupcakes are done by pricking them with a toothpick – if they come out “clean”, the cupcakes are done.
If not, keep them in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool down completely before proceeding to the next step.
- Add the ingredients for the sugar free buttercream frosting into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chocolate buttercream frosting into an icing bag and frost the cooled down chocolate cupcakes.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!
- Storage:Store in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
(They’ll become a bit drier once they’ve been stored in the fridge for a while, this is why I recommend finishing them on the same day or the day after.)
**(I try to be as accurate as possible with the nutrition information below, but values may vary because of natural occurring fluctuations and different products used.)