Keto Cream Puffs Recipe:
For the Choux Pastry:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
For the Filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol (or another keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, water, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low and add the almond flour. Stir vigorously until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the dough cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add one egg at a time to the dough, beating well after each addition. The dough should become smooth and glossy.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, pipe or scoop small rounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the cream puffs are golden brown and puffed up. After baking, turn off the oven and leave the cream puffs inside for an additional 10 minutes to dry out.
- While the cream puffs are baking, prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered erythritol, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Once the cream puffs are cooled, slice them in half horizontally and fill each puff with the whipped cream filling.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Nutritional Information (Per Cream Puff, assuming 12 servings):
- Calories: ~160 kcal
- Fat: ~14g
- Carbohydrates: ~3g (Net Carbs: ~2g)
- Fiber: ~1g
- Protein: ~4g
Please note that these nutritional values are estimates and can vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. Always double-check the nutrition labels on your ingredients for accurate information.