Keto Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls.
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Total: 1 hour
Yield: 24 egg rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- 12 slices American cheese
¾ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Step 1.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook beef, breaking apart as little as possible, until browned and still the size of peas, 5 to 7 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir gently and remove mixture from pan.
- Step 2.
Melt butter in the skillet. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Return beef mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Let filling cool while preparing the wrappers.
- Step 3.
- Lay egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Place 1/2 a slice of American cheese onto each. Add 3 tablespoons of the filling on top of each egg roll. Pull the bottom left corner over the filling and fold the two sides in, moistening edges with water as you go; roll tightly.
- Step 4 .
Heat about 1 inch oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 3 to 4 egg rolls at a time and fry until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup almond flour, superfine blanched
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
For the wrappers.
- In a food processor, add coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Pulse a few times until well mixed. Use your hand to mix everything if a food processor is not available.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and whisk. Add the egg, apple cider vinegar, and water to the food processor. Mix until dough forms (or knead until dough forms).
- Remove dough from the food processor, wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 10-20 minutes. By this time, the dough should still be pliable and no longer be sticky.
- Take two sheets of parchment paper, place the dough ball and roll out thinly (about less than 1/8 inch thick).
- Cut dough into squares (4×4 inch). Roll the dough scraps again to make more wrappers (about 10 wrappers)
Per Serving: 133
calories; protein 7.2g;