Keto ravioli recipe
For the Pasta Dough:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Water, as needed
For the Filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce (optional):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh sage leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, xanthan gum, and salt for the pasta dough.
- Add the eggs to the dry ingredients and mix well. Gradually add water as needed to form a dough. Knead the dough until it’s smooth and pliable.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make the filling.
- Roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets on a surface dusted with almond flour.
- Place teaspoon-sized portions of the filling onto one sheet of pasta, leaving some space between each portion.
- Gently place another sheet of pasta over the filling and press down around the edges to seal the ravioli. Cut the ravioli into individual pieces using a knife or a ravioli cutter.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a gentle boil. Cook the ravioli for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface. Remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add fresh sage leaves and cook until they become crispy.
- Serve the cooked ravioli with the sage-infused butter sauce and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information (Approximate values per serving, recipe makes about 4 servings):
Please note that these values are estimates and can vary based on the specific brands and measurements of ingredients used.
- Calories: ~390 kcal
- Total Carbohydrates: ~15g
- Dietary Fiber: ~10g
- Net Carbs: ~5g
- Protein: ~18g
- Fat: ~30g
Remember, it’s essential to calculate the precise nutritional values based on the specific ingredients you use and the portion sizes you consume.