KETO REUBEN SANDWICH RECIPE
An easy, flavorful keto reuben sandwich recipe: toasty bread, smoky corned beef, gooey swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut, and sweet dressing. Just 5.9g net carbs!
It’s hard to believe that this keto reuben sandwich has less than 5 grams net carbs, because it’s got all of the flavor of a regular one. Fluffy toasted bread surrounds layers of corned beef, gooey swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut, and sweet sugar-free thousand island dressing. It’s the perfect simple dinner at home – or low carb lunch to bring with you anywhere.
Our Yum Keto Bread Mix is the star of this sandwich, and is the easiest way to make keto bread at home. It’s fluffy and chewy at the same time, with air pockets… and it makes perfect sandwiches. We can’t wait to hear what you think!
For the bread:
- 1 package Yum Keto Bread Mix
- 6 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- 4 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
For the reuben filling:
- 16 tsp Butter (unsalted)
- 20 oz Corned beef (deli sliced)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups Sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup Keto Thousand Island Dressing
- Make white keto bread according to instructions on the keto bread mix package. (See step-by-step photos in the blog post.) Cool completely, then slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Spread 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of butter onto each slice of bread.
- Flip 8 slices of bread so the butter side is facing down. Top each slice with 2.5 ounces (71 grams) corned beef, 1 slice swiss cheese, 1/4 cup (35 grams) sauerkraut, and 1 tablespoon (15 grams) thousand island dressing. Place the leftover slices of bread on top of each sandwich, with the butter side facing up.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add sandwiches and cover with a lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through. Continue in batches until all sandwiches are cooked.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Nutrition Facts Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.Calories662Fat51.4gProtein34.9gTotal Carbs17.1gNet Carbs5.9gFiber11.2gSugar1.2g