Through December I’m taking part in Vlogmas, over on my YouTube Channel. Vlogmas is a challenge where YouTubers share a new video every day leading up to Christmas. Watch the Vlogmas Playlist to watch all kinds of low carb, keto inspiration.
A highlight was Sunday’s video all about low carb meal prep ideas.
Sundays are a great time to prepare elements for meals through the week to help make mealtimes and snacks a breeze.
Here’s a typical Sunday meal prep list:
- Make cheese crackers for snacks – preheat the oven to 180C/350F and place a tablespoon of grated cheese per cracker onto a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper. Bake from 5 minutes or until melted. Cool to crisp.
- Roast a chicken for lunches and meals through the week. (And of course use the bones for stock/broth making.) We opt to roast a whole chicken and a couple of packages of drumsticks/legs so that there are plenty of our favourite piece of chicken to go around. The roast chicken is an excellent lunch protein option in salads.
- Prepare vegetables – clean, chop and/or saute vegetables you have on hand so that you have easy veggie options through the week.
- Hard boiled eggs – for snacks, egg salad or devilled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are such an easy low carb option that’s it’s worth making the tiny effort every Sunday to replenish your hard boiled eggs fridge stock.
More low carb meal prep ideas:
- Prepare silverside for a meaty option through the week
- Make fat bombs for a go to sweet
- Measure nuts for snacks, so you have a container or a ziploc with a pre-measured volume to prevent you from overeating nuts.