Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
Ingredients: Free Keto Meal Plan https://lowcarbtips.org/keto-diet-plan-for-beginners-step-by-step-guide-7-ahad/
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (choose a low-carb option)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli florets and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup in batches to a regular blender and blend until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Heat it over low heat, but do not let it boil.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and continue to heat the soup, stirring until the cheese is fully melted and the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional shredded cheddar cheese or chopped chives if desired.