Chia Pudding Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- Sweetener to taste (e.g., honey, maple syrup, agave nectar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Fresh fruits or berries for topping
- In a bowl, mix the chia seeds, milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract (if using). Stir well to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or preferably overnight. This allows the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and create a pudding-like texture.
- Before serving, give the mixture a good stir. If the pudding is too thick, you can add a little more milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Top with fresh fruits or berries before serving.
Estimated Nutrition Information (for the chia pudding only): (Note: These values are approximate and can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes.)
- Calories: Around 180-220 calories
- Protein: 4-6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15-25 grams (depending on sweetener used)
- Dietary Fiber: 10-15 grams
- Fat: 10-15 grams (mainly from chia seeds and milk)
The nutrition values will change if you add additional toppings like fruits, nuts, or seeds. To get a more accurate estimate of the nutrition content, it’s best to use a nutrition calculator or app based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients you use.
Remember that chia seeds are a great source of dietary fiber, healthy fats, and some minerals like calcium and magnesium. They can help you feel full and satisfied, making chia pudding a nutritious and delicious option for breakfast or a snack.