Homemade Keto Tortilla Chips
- 2 low-carb tortillas (such as almond flour or coconut flour tortillas)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- Salt to taste
- Optional seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, etc.
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the Tortillas:
- Lay the low-carb tortillas flat on a cutting board. You can use store-bought tortillas or make your own using almond flour or coconut flour. These types of tortillas are commonly used in keto diets due to their lower carbohydrate content.
- Cut the Tortillas:
- Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut each tortilla into chip-sized triangles. You can cut them into quarters, eighths, or even smaller if you prefer bite-sized chips.
- Season the Chips:
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil or melted butter with your preferred seasonings. You can use a combination of salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, or any other seasonings you like.
- Coat the Chips:
- Toss the cut tortilla triangles in the seasoned oil or butter mixture. Make sure each chip is well coated with the mixture.
- Arrange on Baking Sheet:
- Place the coated tortilla triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are spread out in a single layer to ensure even baking.
- Bake the tortilla chips in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crisp. Keep a close eye on them, as they can go from golden to burnt quickly.
- Cool and Serve:
- Once the chips are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet. They will become even crispier as they cool down.
- Once the chips have cooled, you can enjoy them on their own or with your favorite keto-friendly dips, such as guacamole, salsa, or a creamy spinach dip.
Nutritional Information (Approximate, based on almond flour tortillas and 2 servings):
- Calories: ~150 kcal
- Protein: ~3g
- Carbohydrates: ~6g (net carbs)
- Fiber: ~3g
- Fat: ~13g