Keto Breakfast Pizza
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
The Keto Pizza Crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax meal
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball. Spread onto a greased pizza pan. I had a roughly 10-11 inch crust.
- Pre-bake the crust for 7 minutes. It should be slightly brown.
TOPPINGS & ASSEMBLY
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the skillet and set on paper towels to drain, then chop.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the skillet, reserving about a teaspoon.
- Add the leeks to the skillet and cook for one minute, stirring occasionally. When tender, remove leeks from skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and milk together, soft scramble the eggs. You do not want to cook your eggs completely, because they will finish cooking in the oven. Remove them when the scrambled egg begins to form, but while they are still undercooked.
- To assemble the pizza, add half the leeks, top with the scrambled eggs, the rest of the leeks, the shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes, remove from oven and top with bacon.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 357TOTAL FAT: 18.8gCHOLESTEROL: 226.7mgSODIUM: 1014.6mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.6gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 2.2gPROTEIN: 28g