Keto Carrot Cake
Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour (275 g/ 9.7 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered Erythritol or Swerve (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or ghee (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 2 cups grated carrots (240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1 cup full-fat cream cheese (240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (160 g/ 5.6 oz)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (80 ml/ 2.8 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, divided (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
Note: Sweeteners can be used to taste. If you prefer your cake less sweet, reduce the sweeteners to half. Keep in mind that the sweetness of Erythritol is about 70% of sugar, while Swerve is as sweet as sugar.
- Preheat oven to 160 °C/ 325 °F and line a round 23 cm/ 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry cake ingredients except for the carrots and pecans. Stir in the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in the carrots and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and whipping cream until smooth using a hand mixer. Add in the powdered Swerve and beat just until combined. If the frosting is too thick add in an additional 2-3 tablespoons of cream, one at a time, until the desired consistency is met. Stir in half of the pecan pieces.
- Frost the cake with the icing using an offset spatula. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the top and serve. Store covered and chilled for up to 7 days.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 slice)
Total Carbs 7.9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Net Carbs 4.9 grams, Protein 8 grams, Fat 27.7 grams, Calories 295 kcal