Keto Chicken Fritters
This cheesy chicken fritters recipe takes just 30 minutes to make, it’s super easy and Keto-friendly. These fritters are tender and incredibly delish and they’re also known as chicken patties. It’s really one of the best easy chicken recipes.
- ▢1.5 lb (700g) skinless boneless chicken breast
- ▢2 medium eggs
- ▢1/3 cup (40g) almond flour
- ▢1 cup (110g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ▢2 Tbsp fresh basil – finely chopped
- ▢2 Tbsp chives – chopped
- ▢2 Tbsp parsley – chopped
- ▢1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ▢a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper – or to taste
- ▢1 Tbsp olive oil – or more to fry
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, chop it into tiny pieces, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Into the large bowl, stir in almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, over medium-low heat. With an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop into the chicken mixture and transfer it to the pan, then slightly flatten to create a fritter. Don’t overcrowd the pan, cook the fritters in batches, about 4 per batch.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Keep in mind that you need to cook them at medium-low temp, otherwise they will burn on the outside but won’t get well cooked on the inside.
- Serve with your favorite dip
Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this easy chicken fritters recipe. Below is just a summary:
- You can replace the cheese with any shredded melty cheese like cheddar, gouda or provolone.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings and here are a few good ideas: dried oregano, Italian mix, smoked paprika, chili, ground cumin.
- You can replace the chicken with turkey. See more on how to adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe at Tip #2.
- For meal planning, you can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers* and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Just remember to keep them separate from any side dish, dressing or sauce until you’re ready to serve them. (See Tip #3)
- See Tip #4 for side dish ideas.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 213mg | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 646IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg