KETO FatHead Pizza
The pizza turned out fantastic topped with sun-dried tomatoes, onion, and arugula. Go for it!
1 ½ cups Shredded Mozarella Cheese 2 tbsp Cream Cheese ¾ cup Almond Flour 1 pinch Garlic Salt
-Mozarella Cheese -Your favorite meats (Bacon, Chicken, Pepperoni, Salami, Etc) -Your favorite vegetables (Onion, Pepper, Jalapeno, etc) -Your favorite sauce (Low carb tomato sauce, olive oil, blue cheese, buffalo, etc) -Herbs, Parmesan, Crushed Red Peppers
1) Plan ahead for the pizza toppings that you will use. Pre-cook any raw ingredients so that they are ready to go. You’ll have some time to dice veggies while the crust is baking.
2) Put your pizza stone or cookie sheet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the mozzarella and cream cheese.
3) Microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time, and stir with a fork.
4) Once you can no longer distinguish the shredded cheese, add in the almond flour. Knead the almond flour into the cheese and make it into a well-blended ball of dough.
5) Place your ball of dough on a large piece of parchment paper. Use another piece of parchment paper and a rolling pin to flatten out your dough. I try to get my dough down to about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick. (Save the second piece of parchment paper, you’ll need it later)
6) (Optional) If you want, you can make some stuffed crust by rolling the outside of your dough over onto itself with cheese. Even if you don’t add a mozzarella cheese filling, I still recommend folding the outside over itself slightly to give you a thicker outside crust.
7) Sprinkle some garlic salt across the dough. Use a fork to poke holes all around your crust and put in the oven.
8) Bake the dough for 8-10 minutes until you get a nice dark brown bottom. Remove from the oven. (This will take some experimentation to find what you like best. For me, light crust = too cheesy flavored, dark crust = tastes like real pizza dough)
9) Flip your cooked dough onto the second sheet of parchment paper
10) Load your pizza however you like with all of your favorite sauces, cheese, and toppings.
11) Bake or broil your pizza for another few minutes until your cheese is melted and starts to brown.