Keto Pizzas with a ground turkey or ground chicken crust
Keto Pizzas with a ground turkey or ground chicken crust:Enjoy your delicious keto-friendly pizzas with a unique meat crust that’s both flavorful and low in carbs.
For the Crust:
- 3 pounds ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Low-carb pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite keto-friendly pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, sliced bell peppers, sliced olives, mushrooms, etc.)
For the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey or chicken, softened cream cheese, eggs, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix everything thoroughly until you have a well-combined dough-like mixture.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. You can use one large and one small sheet, as mentioned.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly between the two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Use your hands or a spatula to spread and shape the mixture into thin, even crusts on each baking sheet. Smooth the surface as much as possible.
- Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges of the crusts become crispy.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheets from the oven and carefully drain off any excess juices that may have accumulated on the surface of the crusts.
- Place the baking sheets back in the oven and continue baking until the edges of the crusts are well-done and have a crispy texture.
Assembling and Baking the Pizzas:
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) for a high-temperature bake.
- Once the crusts are ready, remove them from the oven.
- Spread a layer of low-carb pizza sauce over each crust.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Add your favorite keto-friendly pizza toppings on top of the cheese.
- Place the topped crusts back in the oven, which is now at a high temperature, and bake until the cheese is bubbling and the toppings are cooked to your liking. This should take about 10-15 minutes, but keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
- Once the cheese is bubbling and the toppings are done to your satisfaction, carefully remove the keto pizzas from the oven.
- Allow the pizzas to cool for a minute or two, then slice and serve.