Keto Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
For the Muffins:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol (or your preferred keto sweetener)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp erythritol (or your preferred keto sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, melted coconut oil or butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, erythritol, and vanilla extract for the cream cheese filling until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup with a small amount of the muffin batter, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add a dollop of the cream cheese filling (about 1 teaspoon) on top of the muffin batter in each cup.
- Divide the remaining muffin batter evenly among the cups, covering the cream cheese filling.
- Optional: Sprinkle a touch of cinnamon on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information (Per Muffin, Recipe Makes 12 Muffins):
- Calories: ~190
- Total Fat: ~16g
- Saturated Fat: ~6g
- Cholesterol: ~65mg
- Sodium: ~200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~5g
- Dietary Fiber: ~2g
- Sugars: ~1g
- Net Carbs: ~3g (Total Carbs – Fiber)
- Protein: ~6g