Keto Pumpkin Fritters
- 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin (canned pumpkin puree works well)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sweetener to taste (such as erythritol or stevia)
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked and mashed pumpkin with the eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and sweetener to the bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, and there are no lumps.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of coconut oil or butter to grease the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, spoon the batter onto the pan to form fritters. Use a spoon to spread the batter into circular shapes.
- Cook the fritters for a few minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Be gentle when flipping them to avoid breaking them apart.
- Once the fritters are cooked, transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the keto pumpkin fritters warm. You can enjoy them as they are or top them with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
These keto pumpkin fritters make a delicious fall-inspired treat while keeping your carbohydrate intake in check. Adjust the level of sweetness according to your taste preferences and consider experimenting with different spices or extracts for extra flavor. Remember that portion sizes and nutritional information may vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities you use.
Nutritional Information (Approximate values for the entire batch, excluding cooking oil):
- Calories: ~400-500 kcal
- Fat: ~30-35g
- Protein: ~15-18g
- Carbohydrates: ~15-20g (Net carbs, calculated as total carbs minus fiber and sugar alcohols)
- Fiber: ~8-10g