Keto Taco Pizza:
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
For the Toppings:
- ½ pound ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (check for low-carb options)
- ½ cup sugar-free salsa or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- Chopped lettuce
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are fully melted and combined.
- Add the almond flour, egg, and Italian seasoning to the melted cheese mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and press it into a round pizza crust shape. You can use your hands or a rolling pin. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until it’s golden and set.
- While the crust is baking, cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain excess fat if necessary. Add the taco seasoning and water according to the packet instructions. Cook until the beef is fully cooked and flavored with the taco seasoning.
- Once the crust is baked, spread sugar-free salsa or diced tomatoes over the crust.
- Spread the cooked taco meat evenly over the salsa.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the meat.
- Add sliced jalapenos and black olives if desired.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Top with chopped lettuce, a dollop of sour cream, and chopped fresh cilantro.
Nutritional Information (Approximate values per serving, recipe makes 6 servings):
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on ingredient brands and preparation methods.
- Calories: ~380 kcal
- Protein: ~25g
- Carbohydrates: ~8g (net carbs after subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols)
- Fiber: ~3g
- Fat: ~28g
Remember, it’s always a good idea to double-check the nutritional information of specific ingredients you use, especially if they are pre-packaged or have variations in carbohydrate content.