PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
COURSESide Dish, Snack
- 3 cups of rotisserie or chopped chicken
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 2 cups of grated Mexican cheese (cheddar cheese, jack cheese)
- 30 ml of sour cream
- 25% of salsa
- 8 tortillas low in carbs
- frying using avocado oil (or olive oil)
- In a skillet, warm the avocado oil over medium-high heat. A taquito should have at least half of its wrapper covered in avocado oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, spinach, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Assemble by combining.
- A tortilla should have 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the filling. Wrap the filling in the tortilla.
- A few taquitos should be added to the hot oil and fried for one minute on each side.
- Taquitos should be taken out of the pan and dried on paper towels. Serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
Size of Serving: 1