Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
For the filling:
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated erythritol or your preferred sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt.
- Stir in the melted butter and egg until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a pie dish, forming an even crust.
- Bake the crust for about 10-12 minutes, until it’s lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, erythritol, spices, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the baked crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the filling is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Once the pie has cooled, place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or until it’s thoroughly chilled and set.
Sugar-Free Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered erythritol or your preferred powdered sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until it starts to thicken.
- Gradually add the powdered erythritol or sugar substitute while continuing to whip the cream.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue whipping until soft peaks form.
- Serve a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream on each slice of the chilled low-carb pumpkin pie.
Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie (Per Slice, assuming 8 slices):
- Calories: ~260
- Total Carbohydrates: ~9g
- Dietary Fiber: ~3g
- Net Carbs: ~6g
- Protein: ~6g
- Fat: ~23g
Sugar-Free Whipped Cream (Per Serving, assuming 1/8 of the recipe):
- Calories: ~50
- Total Carbohydrates: ~1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: ~0g
- Fat: ~5g