Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps
rep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
For the Chicken Filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (water or cooking wine will work also)
For the Sesame Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (brown sugar swerve or monkfruit golden for keto)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
For the Wraps
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Green onions
- Almonds or peanuts
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil and add the chopped chicken to the pan, cook stirring occasionally until it begins to brown.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and onion. Continue to stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet to degalze the pan. Stir well and scrape the bottom of the pan well.
- In a small bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth (this is easier to whisk if you micorwave for 10-20 seconds first)
- Pour the Asian sauce over the chicken and peppers, stir well.
Allow the mixture to simmer over medium low for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mixture has thickened remove from heat.
- Serve with cold lettuce leaves. Top with green onions, chopped almonds, or peanuts.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 198TOTAL FAT: 7.2gCHOLESTEROL: 82mgSODIUM: 88.4mgCARBOHYDRATES: 5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.4gFIBER: 1.6gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 28g