Skip to content
Beef, Cheese & Tomato pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until onion is softened and translucent.
- Stir in dried thyme, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add drained diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese until cheese is melted and evenly distributed.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a 9-inch pie dish.
- Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface and place it over the beef mixture, tucking the edges of the crust under to seal.
- Cut a few slits in the top of the pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the pie for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!