Broccoli/Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
This recipe allows for flexibility in terms of your choice of cheese and the optional use of cream cheese for added thickness. It’s a delicious way to enjoy a comforting soup while keeping it keto-friendly.
- 2 bags (16 oz each) of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 bags (16 oz each) of frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) of chicken broth
- 1 15 oz jar of Cheez Whiz or cheese of your choice
- Garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 brick (8 oz) of cream cheese (optional, for a thicker soup)
- Prep the Frozen Vegetables: Start by placing the frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets in the slow cooker.
- Add Chicken Broth: Pour in the two cans of chicken broth over the frozen vegetables. Make sure the vegetables are mostly submerged.
- Cook in the Crockpot: Cover the slow cooker and set it to HIGH heat. Allow the broccoli and cauliflower to cook until they are tender. This will typically take around 3-4 hours.
- Cheese Time: Once the vegetables are tender, stir in the 15 oz jar of Cheez Whiz or your preferred cheese. Continue to cook for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the soup is well blended.
- Season to Taste: Season the soup with garlic salt and black pepper to your liking. Be sure to taste as you go and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Blend for Smoothness: To achieve a smoother texture, use a blending wand or an immersion blender to puree the soup directly in the slow cooker until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Thickening (Optional): If you want a thicker soup, add the brick of cream cheese and stir until it’s fully melted and incorporated into the soup. This step is optional and depends on your preference.
- Serve: Ladle the keto-friendly Broccoli/Cauliflower Cheese Soup into bowls and enjoy. It’s a creamy, hearty, and low-carb delight that’s perfect for those following a keto diet.