Creamy Tuscan Chicken
This keto-friendly Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a delicious and satisfying dish, rich in flavor and low in carbs, making it perfect for those following a keto diet.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3 tsp of minced garlic
- Bowl of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp of dried basil (or fresh basil, if preferred)
- Bag of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Medium-high heat
- Melt the Butter: Start by heating a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add the 1/4 cup of butter and let it melt.
- Sauté Garlic: Once the butter is melted and bubbling, add the minced garlic to the pan. Sauté the garlic until it becomes fragrant and slightly golden, which should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Cook Tomatoes: Add the cherry tomatoes, cut in half, to the pan. Stir and cook them until they start to soften and their skins become wrinkled. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Basil: Sprinkle the dried basil (or fresh basil if using) over the tomatoes and stir it in. This will infuse the dish with a delicious basil flavor.
- Incorporate Spinach: Add the bag of fresh spinach to the pan. Stir it together with the tomatoes until it wilts and cooks down. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in Heavy Cream: Pour in the 1/4 cup of heavy cream and stir it into the tomato and spinach mixture. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the cream to thicken slightly.
- Add Shredded Chicken: Once the spinach has cooked down and the cream has thickened, add the shredded rotisserie chicken to the pan. Stir it in to combine it with the other ingredients. Allow it to heat through, which should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Season and Garnish: Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the basil and combine everything well.
- Cheese Topping: Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese over the top of the Creamy Tuscan Chicken according to your preference. You can use as much or as little as you like.
- Serve: Once the cheese has melted, the Creamy Tuscan Chicken is ready to be served. You can serve it as is or over cauliflower rice or zoodles for a low-carb meal.