Broccoli Cheese Balls: Low Carb Keto
Healthy Broccoli bites are loaded with broccoli, cheese, herbs, and spices. This super nutritious snack is Low Carb and makes a delicious protein replacement, appetizer or snack!
Course: lunch or side
Keyword: baked, balls, bites, broccoli, healthy, keto, low-carb, meatballs, tots
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 20 balls
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour or panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheese mozzarella, cheddar, or favorite melting cheese
- 1/4 cup minced onion or shallots optional
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or taco seasoning or favorite seasoning blend!
- Pinch of salt and pepper black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Steam broccoli in boiling water or microwave* (see notes) until tender. Chop broccoli using a knife or food processor until finely minced.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, eggs, almond flour, cheese, parsley, and spices. Mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture and form into a ball. Place on lined baking sheet and spray or drizzle lightly with oil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve on a salad, in a sandwich, with rice, or as an appetizer or snack with your favorite dipping sauce.
To steam broccoli in the microwave: Add the broccoli to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes covered with a wet paper towel.
To steam broccoli in water: Add the broccoli florets to a steamer basket and steam until fully tender, about 5 minutes. Or blanch in boiling water for 1 minute.
To Make Vegan: Replace egg with flax egg and cheese with vegan cheese.
Keto option: add in ¼ cup cooked crumbled bacon to the mixture before baking.
Sauces for serving: we like to serve these broccoli balls with our favorite chipotle sauce, avocado cilantro sauce, or light ranch.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.2mg