Cranberry Orange Scones (Keto, Low Carb)
Orange and cranberries are sweet and tangy and pair perfectly together in these Keto Cranberry Orange Scones.
Total Time: 45 minutes Yield: 10 scones
- 2 1/2 cups blanched fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup monk fruit granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sweetener, orange peel, and salt. Stir to combine
- Rub butter into the flour mixture with fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add cream or almond milk, vanilla, and egg and stir with a spoon. Gently stir in cranberries
- Form a ball with the dough and chill in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little baking flour onto a board and flatten dough into a large circle. Roll out with a rolling pin until dough is about 1 ½” in height. Cut out scones with a round cutter (about 2 ½” circle).*
- Place scones onto the lined baking sheet, leaving enough space to rise.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
*If you don’t wish to use a scone cutter, you can just form the dough into a large circle on a cutting board and form it into a large circle, keeping it about inch in height, and slice into 6 triangular scones.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes (includes 10 mins chilling in fridge)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven