Broccoli Cheese Soup Keto
Cuisine American, General
Keto Recipes Keto Soups,
Servings Prep Time
8 servings 10 minutes
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- White Onion, 1/ 8 Cup
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic, to taste
- Chicken broth, two cups
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 cup of chopped, bite-sized broccoli
- One teaspoon of cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked and crumbled bacon slices (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Sautée garlic, onion, and butter in a pot(large) over medium heat until the onions are soft.
- Add broccoli and broth to the pot.
- Till broccoli is tender, cook. Season with salt, pepper, and other spices.
- Heat cream cheese in a bowl(small) in the microwave for about THIRTY seconds.
- Add cream cheese and heavy whipping cream to the soup and bring to a boil.
- Put cheddar cheese immediately after turning the heat off.
- Add xanthan gum and mix. Observe thickening.
- Serve hot with crumbled bacon (optional)
Because there is no roux or other thickener in this soup, it has a thinner, more broth-like consistency. It won’t be the thick soup you may be used to if you don’t add something like xanthan gum.
Note that I do not hold a nutritionist certification. Every nutrient mentioned or revealed in this article should only be viewed as my best amateur calculations based on NET carbs.
Total, 2g NET
Total, 2g NET