- 3oz chicken breast – I love the seasoning, so I used rotisserie chicken from Costco.
- 5 Mission carb smart tortillas – Now I used 4 and packed mine kinda tight, but if you use 5, it’s fewer carbs per seving. Your choice. I was a hungry hungry hippo tonight, so I unapologetically packed those babies.
- 1/2 cup cheese – I used Tillamook Pepper Jack. It melts great and tastes better.
- 1/4 cup cream cheese – This makes the flautas creamier and gives a nice taste, but you can opt out to reduce the carbs.
- 1/4 cup salsa – I used the Costco Del Real Salsa De Molcajete Roja on in the inside, verde on the outside.
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt or no salt, the salsa is salty.
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Salsa – I used the Costco Del Real Salsa De Molcajete Verde.
- Shred chicken breast and grate cheese.
- Add chicken, cheese, spices, cream cheese, and red salsa to a bowl and mix.
- Heat pan with oil for frying. I used avocado oil cuz it feels lighter on my stomach.
- Add small helping of mix to the center of tortilla and roll tortilla tightly.
- Place flauta in pan with the seam facing down.
- Fry flautas until golden brown on each side and they hold their form.
- Top with sour cream and salsa.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)