CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BITES
Zucchini packs a nutritious punch. It’s high in antioxidants, low in net carbs, packed with fiber (in other words it will get you good and full), and is relatively low calorie.
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Tenderloin, diced
- 1/4 Cup Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 Large Zucchini, sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Basil
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella
- 1/4 Small Red Onion, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a skillet, heat olive oil for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat. Add the garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken, salt, and 1 tablespoon of basil to the skillet and cook until done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the zucchini and cut into about 1-inch slices. Arrange slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Top with small portions of pizza sauce, about a half teaspoon.
- When the chicken is done, top the zucchini slices with small portions each, taking care not to allow portions to fall onto the pan.
- Finish topping zucchini with red onion, feta, mozzarella, and basil – in that order.
- Cook at 400 degrees until cheese is golden brown, about 12 minutes. Optional: For the final 1-2 minutes in the oven, allow your zucchini to sit under the broiler for extra color and flavor.