Homemade Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- A handful of Lily’s chocolate chips (or your preferred keto-friendly chocolate)
- Prepare Ingredients:
- Measure out the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, monk fruit sweetener, unsweetened cocoa powder, and Lily’s chocolate chips.
- Whisk Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, monk fruit sweetener, and unsweetened cocoa powder until well combined. Ensure that the sweetener is fully dissolved.
- Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness according to your preference by adding more monk fruit if needed. Keep in mind that the mixture will taste less sweet once frozen.
- Chill the Mixture:
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours to chill the mixture. This step helps enhance the flavor.
- Prepare Ice Cream Maker:
- If you have an ice cream maker, ensure that the bowl is frozen according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, don’t worry; you can still make this by following the alternative steps below.
- Churn the Ice Cream (Ice Cream Maker Method):
- Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Add Chocolate Chips:
- In the last few minutes of churning, add in the Lily’s chocolate chips, allowing them to distribute evenly throughout the ice cream.
- Transfer and Freeze (No Ice Cream Maker Method):
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the chilled mixture into a shallow dish. Place it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, stir the mixture with a fork to break up ice crystals, repeating until the ice cream reaches the desired consistency. Add the chocolate chips in the last stirring.
- Final Freeze:
- Once the ice cream reaches the desired consistency, transfer it to an airtight container. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top if desired. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Scoop out your delicious homemade keto chocolate ice cream, and savor the creamy, guilt-free goodness! Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings while staying low-carb.