keto Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol or other keto-friendly sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Optional: Sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped nuts for topping
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the Dough: In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, vanilla extract, and granulated erythritol. Mix well until the mixture is creamy and well combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Add the almond flour and salt to the butter mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are fully combined and a dough forms. The dough should be slightly sticky but manageable.
- Shape the Cookies: Take small portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Place the balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie. If you’re using sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped nuts, gently press them onto the tops of the cookies.
- Bake: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool: Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. This will allow them to firm up a bit before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy: Once the cookies are completely cooled, they are ready to enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information (per cookie, assuming 16 cookies):
- Calories: ~100 kcal
- Total Fat: ~10g
- Saturated Fat: ~4.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: ~15mg
- Sodium: ~45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~2g
- Dietary Fiber: ~1g
- Sugars: ~0g
- Sugar Alcohols (Erythritol): ~3g (These are subtracted from the total carbohydrates as they have minimal impact on blood sugar.)
- Protein: ~2g