Keto Cinnamon Roll Waffles
I just wanted to say thanks for all the love you guys have given me on the recipes I’ve been posting. I hope you all a great journey to weight loss and health in 2014 🙂
This will be perfect to make on xmas morning. It’s a tad high in carbs (7g net) but oh so worth it – especially for a special occasion!
Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Waffle (Yields 1 serving for a meal, or 2 servings as a snack.)
5 Tbsp. Almond Flour
1 1/2 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp. Erythritol
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Non-stick Spray (If you have an old waffle maker)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Erythritol
1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
2 tsp. Leftover batter
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Macros per Serving:
542 Calories, 50g Fats, 7g Net Carbs, and 23g Protein
1. Crack an egg into a mixing bowl.
2. Add your Erythritol and mix it together very well.
3. Add your almond flour and cinnamon to the mixture.
4. Mix this together well until there’s no lumps. Then, add your second egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix again until batter is smooth.
5. Put your waffle iron on and wait for it to get hot. You need to spray it down with some sort of non-stick spray if it isn’t non-stick. Fill your waffle maker with the batter and let it cook. Save a little bit of the batter (about 2 tsp.) to go into the filling. While you’re cooking find a small bowl and add your cream cheese and Erythritol.
6. Next add your heavy cream, cinnamon, and a little bit of batter to it. Mix it together very well so that everything is combined. I like to leave small lumps of cream cheese in to change the texture as I’m eating the cinnamon roll waffle.
7. Once your waffle is finished cooking, cut it into sized pieces you want. Add your filling to each piece so that you can make a sandwich.
8. Sandwich them together and enjoy! The waffles are a tad dry, so you need some sort of filling to thoroughly enjoy them.
For the entire waffle, you’re looking at: 536 Calories, 44.52g Fats, 7.65g Net Carbs, and 24.2g Protein. You can portion it out so that it fits your macros, but keep in mind that it’s extremely filling.
|Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Waffle||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 tablespoons almond flour||240||21||9||4.5||4.5||9|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|2 tablespoons erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¾ teaspoon cinnamon||5||0.02||1.57||1||0.57||0.08|
|¾ teaspoon vanilla extract||9||0||0.4||0||0.4||0|
|2 tablespoons cream cheese||88||8.58||1.05||0||1.05||2.13|
|1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream||51||5.41||0.41||0||0.41||0.43|