Keto Coconut Muffins
Keto and low carb coconut flour muffins are wonderfully tender and fluffy. Two of them for breakfast are just perfect with a cup of coffee!
- 1 cup canned coconut milk unsweetened, full fat
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (84 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt (or a pinch of fine table salt)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (or 1 tablespoon baking powder)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 muffin cups with foil liners (these muffins stick to paper liners), and grease the liners.
Stir the coconut milk well until very smooth. If it’s completely separated into water and coconut solids, I transfer the can’s content into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs using a hand whisk. Whisk in the coconut milk, stevia and vanilla, then mix in the cooconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
If the batter is extremely thick and difficult to mix (coconut flour is very absorbent and sometimes unpredictable), add a tablespoon or two of water.
Using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop, divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
Bake until the muffins are fragrant and set and a toothpick inserted in their center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack, then transfer the muffins directly to the cooling rack to cool for 10 more minutes before enjoying.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 238mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g