KETO FRIED PICKLES RECIPE
- (drained)32 medium Dill pickle rounds
- 1/4 cup Whey protein isolate
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large Egg (beaten)
- 3-4 tbsp Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Dry pickles on paper towels after draining the pickles. (To pickle zucchini or to brine chicken, save the pickle juice.)
- In a small bowl large enough to accommodate FIVE pickles, beat the egg.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese and protein powder together with a small whisk until it gets blended.
- To large skillet, heat a medium over medium heat. Add enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the pan, when hot. When a wooden spoon placed in the oil starts to bubble, the oil is ready.
- Procedure: In the egg wash, dip 5-6 pickles, coating completely. Place into the coating mixture to coat after shaking off any excess egg. To help flip the pickles, using a fork is helpful.
- Carefully into the hot oil, place the pickles and fry ONE minute or until it gets golden brown, flip.
- Meanwhile, place in the pan to cook after coating the next five pickles. Until all of the pickles have been cooked and coated continue. Drain on paper towels.
- With spicy dipping sauce, serve at room temperature.
Amount per serving.
Serving size in recipe notes above.