LOAD STEAK QUESADILLAS
- 1 pound (450g) steak (such as flank or sirloin), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Season the sliced steak with this spice mixture and let it marinate for about 15-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated steak and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more oil if needed, and then sauté the sliced onion and bell pepper until they’re softened and slightly caramelized. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return it to medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese over half of the tortilla.
- Layer some cooked steak and sautéed onion and bell pepper over the cheese.
- Sprinkle another layer of cheese on top of the steak and vegetables.
- Fold the tortilla in half over the filling, pressing gently with a spatula.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is crispy and golden brown, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and let it cool for a minute before cutting it into wedges.
- Repeat the process for the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Serve the steak quesadillas with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
Enjoy your homemade Steak Quesadillas! Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other ingredients like jalapeños, black beans, or corn.