Low-Carb White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:
For the Enchiladas:
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 low-carb tortillas (look for ones with around 6g net carbs or less per tortilla)
For the White Enchilada Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, half of the shredded cheese, chopped green onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the low-carb tortillas, roll them up, and place them seam side down in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the almond flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1-2 minutes until lightly golden.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and heavy cream until smooth. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the white enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas in the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information (per serving, based on 1 enchilada, assuming 8 servings):
- Calories: Approximately 280
- Protein: Approximately 17g
- Fat: Approximately 21g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 8g net carbs (total carbs minus fiber)
- Fiber: Approximately 4g
Please note that these nutritional values are rough estimates and can vary based on the specific ingredients and brands you use. It’s always a good idea to double-check the nutritional information for your specific ingredients and serving sizes.