philly cheesesteak casserole recipe
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef (such as ribeye or sirloin)
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
These values are approximate and can vary based on specific brands, cuts of meat, and other factors.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced beef and cook until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more oil if needed and sauté the sliced bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms until they are softened and slightly caramelized.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet and mix with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it’s melted and coats the beef and vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Optionally, broil for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese on top.
Approximate Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Please keep in mind that these values are rough estimates and can vary based on ingredient brands, portion sizes, and other factors.
- Calories: ~400-500 kcal
- Protein: ~30-40g
- Carbohydrates: ~5-10g
- Dietary Fiber: ~1-3g
- Sugar: ~2-4g
- Fat: ~30-35g
- Saturated Fat: ~15-20g
- Cholesterol: ~100-120mg
- Sodium: ~600-800mg
To get a more accurate nutritional breakdown, it’s recommended to use a nutritional calculator with precise ingredient measurements. Keep in mind that the nutritional content can vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities you use