Sausage and Spinach Quiche
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
This Spinach and Sausage Quiche is the perfect easy brunch recipe that is deceptively impressive! With options for low carb, keto and gluten free diets this recipe is perfect for everyone!
- 1 store bought pie crust or keto pie crust (linked in notes)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage
- 1 cup spinach frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a deep dish pie pan, lightly spray the pan and press the pie crust into the pan and up the edges of the pan.
- If using keto crust listed below, pre-bake the crust 10-12 minutes until set. If using regular refrigerated pie crust you do not have to prebake.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Layer the spinach, cooked sausage and cheese over the crust.
Pour the beaten egg mixture over the crust.
- Bake 20-23 minutes until the quiche has set.
- You can also use a cast iron skillet if you do not have a deep pie pan.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 298 TOTAL FAT: 18g TRAN FAT: 0g CHOLESTEROL: 186mg SODIUM: 764mg CARBOHYDRATES: 5.4gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.3g FIBER: 1.1g PROTEIN: 14g