catalina taco salad recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: sliced black olives, chopped green onions, sour cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef or turkey until fully cooked. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and water (as directed on the seasoning packet) to the cooked meat. Stir well and let it simmer for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, corn, and black beans.
- Add the cooked meat mixture to the bowl and toss everything together.
- Drizzle the Catalina dressing over the salad and toss again to coat the ingredients.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the salad.
- Just before serving, add the crushed tortilla chips on top.
- If desired, garnish with sliced black olives, chopped green onions, and a dollop of sour cream.
Estimated Nutritional Breakdown (per serving, serves 4): Please note that these are rough estimates and can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes.
- Calories: ~550-650 kcal
- Protein: ~25-30g
- Carbohydrates: ~35-45g
- Dietary Fiber: ~8-10g
- Sugars: ~8-10g
- Fat: ~35-45g
- Saturated Fat: ~10-15g
- Sodium: ~800-1000mg
For a more accurate nutritional analysis, I recommend using a nutritional calculator or app where you can input the exact brands and quantities of ingredients you used.