Keto Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth (preferably low sodium)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes for a little heat
- Optional: Crumbled cooked bacon for topping
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pot and sauté for another few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then cover the pot and let the broccoli cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can carefully transfer the soup in batches to a regular blender to blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the pot (if you transferred it to a blender) and place it back on the stove over low heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted and the soup is well combined.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. If you like a little heat, you can add red pepper flakes at this point.
- Once the soup is heated through and well-seasoned, it’s ready to serve.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and, if desired, top with crumbled cooked bacon for extra flavor and texture.
Nutritional Information (Approximate, Per Serving):
- Calories: ~380-420 kcal
- Fat: ~35-40g
- Carbohydrates: ~7-10g (Net Carbs: ~5-7g)
- Fiber: ~2-3g
- Protein: ~10-15g