Keto Stuffed French Toast Roll-Ups Recipe
- Zero-carb or low-carb bread slices (e.g., Aldi’s Zero Carb wheat)
- 1-2 eggs
- ¼ to ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp Swerve powdered sugar
- Butter for cooking
- Prepare Egg Mixture:
- In a shallow bowl, mix eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Make Cream Cheese Filling:
- Using a fork, combine softened cream cheese and powdered Swerve in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Roll Out Bread:
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the counter.
- Roll a slice of bread as thin as possible using a rolling pin.
- Fill and Roll:
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the rolled-out bread.
- Roll up the bread into a tight roll.
- Repeat for the desired number of roll-ups.
- Heat Butter:
- Place butter in a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Coat and Cook:
- Whisk the egg mixture again.
- Roll each bread roll-up in the egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Place the roll-ups in the buttered skillet and brown on all sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or enjoy with sugar-free syrup.
- You can also use your favorite fat bomb recipe for the filling. For example, the Caramel Macchiato fat bombs recipe can be used. Instead of rolling the bread, spread the fat bomb filling and fold the bread over like a half-sandwich. Any leftover filling can be used to make fat bombs.